The Cobra Collective has extensive first-hand experience of working directly with marginalised communities across the world. The team are able to develop programmes at short notice to help communities face up to current and emerging challenges through their own means and in ways which are socially, economically and environmentally sustainable.
Utilising our expertise within projects will help deliver more effective community involvement that delivers lasting impacts.
- Identification and sharing of community owned solutions
- Facilitation of community engagement and participation for project delivery
- Social and environmental monitoring and evaluation
- Identification and support of sustainable community livelihoods
- Community owned solution approach using the COBRA Handbook
- Participatory Visual Methods – drawing, photography, video and mapping
- Social media
- Remote sensing including civilian drones
- Social and environmental survey techniques
Community engagement requires sound scientific investigation. The Cobra Collective can provide a rigorous framework for evaluating:
- the impact of community engagement;
- the use of technologies in identifying and sharing community owned solutions;
- the effect of international and national policies for sustaining community owned solutions.
We do this through a multidisciplinary, evidence-based process that bridges the interests of a variety of stakeholders, including academia, policy-makers, practitioners and local communities.
Our research has been published in high impact peer-reviewed journals, such as